Regarding controlling 12V DC motor

Hi all,

I need to control a PMDC motor speed using a PLC. Currently I am using manual potentiometer to do the same. The motor operating voltage is 0 to 24V.
PLC analogue output available is 0 to 5V. With this 0 to 5V I need to control a potentiometer which will regulate the voltage from 0 to 24V. Please suggest me the suitable potentiometer or similar hardware that will do the same.

If I understand your system right, you have a PMDC motor controller which need a 0 to 24 volt input to use the full available speed control, isn't?

What I like to use for (PM)DC motor control are the Roboteq controllers, which are easy to adjust to your needs.

If I understand your system right, you have a PMDC motor controller which need a 0 to 24 volt input to use the full available speed control, isn't?

What I like to use for (PM)DC motor control are the Roboteq controllers, which are easy to adjust to your needs.

Yeah that's the requirement. But I don't have a motor controller. Currently I am controlling only On/OFF thru relays using PLC program. But I need to change the speed of the motor so I am thinking to put a manual potentiometer to adjust the input voltage. But my final requirement is to control it in PLC program using analogue module.

Is there a way to do that?

Last edited: