ge fanuc 90-30 programing problem

mamadoo95

Hello Everybody,
I AM USING A GE FANUC 90-30 PLC, VERSAPRO TO WRITE THE LADDER DIAGRAM, THE PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE AN OLD LADDER PRINTED ON PAPERS, I WANT TO WRITE IT ON VERSAPRO, THIS LADDER IS ALSO FOR GE FANUC 90-30, BUT WRITTEN USING ANOTHER SOFTWARE, THERE ARE SOME LADDER SYMBOLS THAT I DONOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS THE CORRESPONDING SYMBOLS TO THEM IN VERSAPRO AS :

-(M)- , -(SM)- , -(RM)-

ONE LAST THING, I NEED TO DOWNLOAD [FONT=&quot]Ge Fanuc Proficy 5.00 Cimplicity Machine Edition[/FONT], IF ANYONE KNOWS DOWNLOAD LINKS, IT WILL REALLY HELP.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME, I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

Last edited:
The older program was written using Logicmaster software. The instructions that are confusing you point out a major difference (and in my opinion a poor design choice) between Versa Pro and Logicmaster.

The Logicmaster intructions -(M)-, -(SM)-, and -(RM)- denote retentive instructions. The corresponding -( )-, -(S)-, and -(R)- instructions are non-retentive.

Versa Pro does not use the -(M)-, -(SM)-, and -(RM)- instructions. Instead when using Versa Pro you declare each individual variable to be either retentive or non-retentive. And here's where they made a boneheaded move. All Versa Pro %M and %Q variables are retentive by default. If you don't want them to be retentive you must change from the default state. The default state should have been non-retentive.

When they came out with Proficy Machine Edition, they corrected their blunder and went back to using -(M)-, -(SM)-, and -(RM)- instructions.

I don't know of any legitimate site where you can download Machine Edition.