Siemens S7-314 MPI interface with Proface touch panel

muthu_buddy

I am new to using the Proface touch panel. Currently for a project i need to link a Siemens S7-314 PLC with the Proface 5.7" Touch panel (AGP3301-S1-D24) using MPI. I already have Profibus cable, Simatic PG connector of both 90deg and 180 available. I like to know whether i can use the standard siemens Profibus cable and PG connector to link between PLC and Proface touch panel. Or else do i need to buy the cable and Connectors from Proface? Anybody suggest me for the best solution for this.

The connection is simple. To communicate via MPI between Siemens PLCs and Proface screens, use some profibus (2 core) cable and the 9 pin d connectors with built in terminating resistors (Switch to "On").

You do need a 9 pin adaptor plug from proface between the d-connector and the touchscreen socket. They can advise you the part number.

Thanks for your comments. I thought the siemens PG connector can directly connect to the proface touch panel MPI port. So now i know i need the adapter from Proface.