ATLAS COPCO Combox-E

You'll probably have to talk to the OEM. They should provide you with the list of registers to read/write. If that's been given to you, then I imagine it's "configured".

When Atlas-Copco installs the gateway they should have given you a document with the specific registers of that gateway. If you had a copy if the software used to configure the gateway you could do it yourself.

To quote an old email i dug up from an Atlas Copco service technician "Also attached is the rather exhaustive address list for a Mk4 elektronikon controller as it applies to the Mk4 controller. In the attempt to cover every variation... the guide covers different types of equipment and their nuances along with the standard registers. In particular Sections 2.3.2; 2.3.3; & 2.5.1.2 may be of particular interest.

The detailed address report would look something like this:

AC MkIV reporting file
Monday, March 02, 2015

Modbus IO definition

Analogue Inputs
===============

Compressor Outlet
Pressure - mBar

Dp Air Filter
Pressure - mBar

Oil Pressure
Pressure - mBar

Intercooler
Pressure - mBar

Element 1 Outlet
Temperature - 0.1°C

Element 2 Inlet
Temperature - 0.1°C

Element 2 Outlet
Temperature - 0.1°C

Compressor Outlet
Temperature - 0.1°C

Oil Temperature
Temperature - 0.1°C

Cooling Water In
Temperature - 0.1°C

Cooling Water Out
Temperature - 0.1°C

Digital Inputs
==============

Emergency Stop

Remote Start/Stop

Remote Load/Unload

PB1 open / PB2 closed

Overload Motor

Starter Feedback Contact

Electr. Condensate Drain

Counters
========

Running Hours
Value : reg 301 + 302

Loaded Hours
Value : reg 303 + 304

Motor Starts
Value : reg 305 + 306

Module Hours
Value : reg 307 + 308

Load Relay
Value : reg 311 + 312

Special Protections
===================

combox-e and control logix

p
Pretty well got the code running now. I dont have live compressors attached to the Commbox, but the responses from the Commbox make sense.

It ended up being quite a complicated little program, especially when there are multiple compressors on the Commbox, and my obsession with making code that is non dependant on the data (ie making it very easy to add new data in future)

Once i connected with the commbox using the information given above, the documentation actually made quite a lot of sense and was pretty useful in understanding the packet structure that the Commbox uses. I just wish that they added that as a section in the document given by Atlas Copco.

if anyone has problems in future with this bit of gear, send me a PM and i should be able to give you a hand.

Hello, please give me example of code, my mail is
[email protected]

hi everyone, i work with CPU S7-300 and gateway Combox-P gor get data from Elektronikon. The project work ok ,but since 5 days ago in one of the compressor i received an error in the data record, specifically error 1 ''NODE ADDRESS NOT FOUND", i check the cables, i restart the combox-p and elektronikon , the error 1 keeps happening, what can be? thanks