Ultra3000 not connecting

derrickjp7

Hey all,

For a school project I've been tasked with getting a ControlLogix, Ultra3000 and some servos that were donated up and running. Yesterday, I did this. All Ethernet/IP and Sercos indicator lights were displaying properly as well as the Ultra3000 was displaying a 4 on the segment display. I was even able to send a Reset Motion Direct Command (MAFR) to the drive with no errors. I didn't have the Enable Drive bit wired up so I wasn't able to move it, but I'm pretty confident it was working.

Yesterday, I very hastly set up all the devices as I finally got the the version of software I needed installed and was limited on time. I was actually really surprised it all worked the first time as it was the first time I had ever done it. So today I decided to start a new project in RS5000 and add the output module so I could enable the drive. Only now, the Sercos won't connect to the Ultra3000.

The CP indicator on the Sercos module goes as far as flashing red and green, which from what I can tell means "configuring nodes for communication." My drive is set as node 3 as well as in the RS5000. The drive's segment display gets to 3, which is "Drive is configuring device specific parameters," and then goes back to zero. The sequence is actually 0-1-0-1-2-3. The suggested fix in the manual is check to make sure your servo matches the catalog number in RS5000, and it does.

The worst part is I didn't even save my set up from yesterday when it worked, in my haste I must not have hit save. So I can't really cross check what I did then and what I'm doing now. Any help would be greatly suggested.

Thanks!

I am curious as to the resolution of this one.
I recently tried to install two Ultra 3000i's . . . Both came up with
'E - 0 - 4' flashing in the display.

Ultraware is the program I am supposed to use to configure the
drives, set the parameters, etc. And ultraware fails to connect
to my two problem children. (Fortunately for me these are supposed
to be spares . . .)

Another problem I have had replacing them is the Devicenet addressing.
As in one has to look really close at the little knobs, find the slot on one side
and that it the side to set it with.

'E-0-4' is supposed to be a recoverable fault. I suspect if I can get ultraware
to communicate with them that I could clear the fault.
Poet.

I believe E04 has to do with motor temperature. This doesn't really pertain to my situation since I'm not getting that error. I'm also not using DeviceNet. While I wouldn't rule out adjusting the resolution, I never edited any of those parameters, so I'm not sure if that would be the problem either.