GuardLogix Fault

derrickjp7

Hey everyone,

I've been tasked with figuring out how to utilize a GuardLogix with our machines at work. I've been going off of a very simple program scavenged from another. It basically consists of two channels going to a DSC instruction, to an ESTOP instruction and finally a CROUT instruction. The problem I'm having is the CROUT keeps faulting out with a "16#5003 20483 Feedback 1 and Feedback 2 turned ON (1) unexpectedly."

I did a trend on these outputs and I'm not seeing anything happen. Nor triggering the reset makes it go away. Any suggestions what might be causing this?

Thanks everyone!

So a feedback fault is saying that the output feedback is coming on when it should not. Often the cause is having the wrong type of feedback selected. Generally this is set to negative so that when the CROUT is TRUE the feedback should be off and when the CROUT is false the feedback should be on.