Ti 505

paulc20

I have a customer with a machine that is controlled by a TI 505 with a 525 processor. What version of Tisoft do I need for this PLC and is this software still available?

I see that Siemens has new Softshop software available but I guess that it is worth more than the machine.

TI525

Paul, I think the latest tisoft is version 6.2 but you can program the tisoft range with any version. Im pretty sure that if you asked your local TI distributer you can get the software free, just tell him you'll keep him in mind if you need any new hardware.

I too believe that the latest version of TiSoft is 6.2.

And, yes, it will talk to the 525, however, it still has the "search" on-line problem with the earlier models - you can't search for an element while you are on-line. This is a problem for models as late as the 545 (this has been resolved on the 555 and later).

To search for an element, you have to back-up the ladder to your PC and then search off-line. Then, after finding where the item(s) is(are), you can easily go back to RUN Mode Monitoring and do your status checking (build a status chart, maybe?).

As far as getting the Software FREE???? I really don't think so! Don't expect to get it free unless you really have that really special kind of relationship with your local vendor!

Recently used v7.2 - but it is more of a patch from V6.* - Or so my local TI man tells me.
Also, Steve D is totally right, my local guy "gave" me a full set of software the first time I hinted at him. He told me that it was in his best interests to do so (or so his boss told him), and apparently they aren't making money from software sales lately ;-)
The older TI hardware is getting harder to find and usually your local guy is the best source to help you, and if all else fails he can point you in the right direction.