ProFace HMI support

I am just throwing up a quick post to say that over the past week I have been working closely with ProFace America to get the programs out of some very old TCP Quick Panels and using the very old QuickDesigner software.

ProFace tech support has provided me hours of phone support and tons of emails back and forth along with sending me software and patches.

I am not affiliated with proface in anyway other than I use the products. And I will in the future be using more of their HMI's. For anyone that is looking to upgrade, replace, or buy new operator HMI's, I highly recommend looking into ProFace. For ANY application

Have you used their latest software/panel?
What other HMIs have you used?

Just trying to put some context to your post.

I sure have. I am using the GX Pro PBIII software right now in fact to, and I have used their Go EX Pro software to build HMI's. All of their software is pretty easy to use if you have any experience building HMI's and they have awesome support for all their products. I also use some ProFace's with embedded windows as Wonderware and Ignition clients. They interface with virtually anything for controllers. My post was really more about their tech support which has been amazing while troubleshooting some very old equipment that most companies would just stop supporting.

Interesting. They wouldn't respond to my inquires about a backlight for an older HMI. Not a peep. We ended up ditching the thing in favor of a PVP+ 6 1000.

Interesting. They wouldn't respond to my inquires about a backlight for an older HMI. Not a peep. We ended up ditching the thing in favor of a PVP+ 6 1000.

Good ol' backlight bulbs. Those days are gone.
Now HMIs just have a lifetime maximum; then go buy a new one (or $$$ repair).
But the new ones do last longer: 30K - 50K hours.

I love proface panels.
I like them too, as odd as they are.
I just found it unusual to see a post about
(1) something positive, not an issue
AND (2) about a service; not the actual HMI or software.

We should have more posts like that "hey, something went right today".