A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Advanced HMI looks pretty great. I have not heard of it outside this forum. How large of a team develops the software?
Taking into consideration that community contributions are accepted, the number varies if you count these. I am the primary architect that designs the structure of the software and I also develop all the drivers. In house there are times that 1-2 other people will also work on the software.

this is made in AHMI
Screen-Shot-05-03-16-at-04.58-PM.png

The first Beta release of AdvancedHMI is now available for download. AdvancedHMI is an HMI development package based on Visual Basic Express 2008 (also free). Although it is based on Visual Basic, it contains a group of controls that allow you to build an HMI without the need to write any code. Even those that have never written a single line of Basic can use it to develop an HMI. It includes a driver for Allen Bradley SLC/Micrologix over RS232, but will also work over DH485 and DH+ with appropriate hardware (KF2,KF3, DL3500, UIC). Also includes a very basic driver for Beckhoff TwinCAT (very early in development). All source code is included, making it very easy for more advanced VB programmers to expand the object library.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/

A quick how to video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-E8NlUNiX4
(can be watched in High Quality with link below and to the right of video - this seems to load faster too)

This is a community project, so anyone that wishes to contribute (graphics, code, testing, suggestions, etc) please let me know. Future additions include communication drivers for Ethernet/IP and Omron.

ScreenShot1Small.PNG

Any vendors interested in having their products (e.g. meter, scale display, etc.) made into components and added to this project, get with me.
ScreenShotProductsSmall.PNG

hi I need to make a slider, and want to change value of a word by this,
I know nothing of visual basic, if anyone can help.
getting these white patch when running the hmi.
thanks in advance.

I mean need a code to change the value of a plc address by HScrollerBar.

1.jpg

Last edited:
hi I need to make a slider, and want to change value of a word by this,
I know nothing of visual basic, if anyone can help.
getting these white patch when running the hmi.
thanks in advance.

I mean need a code to change the value of a plc address by HScrollerBar.
Set the BackColor property of the pipe to the color you want.

There is an expansion pack that includes various sliders for control PLC values.

Set the BackColor property of the pipe to the color you want.

There is an expansion pack that includes various sliders for control PLC values.

I have order a PLC to check the project ...if it works I will get those packs...too..and will keep asking for you help..too...how can we connect this with Mitsubishi fx plc...
Thanks....

hi arche
Thanks for help
I got this error while keyboard input, what cud b the reason.
Regards

Please suggest how to get hystorical trend

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
At what point do you get the error with the KeyboardInput? That is a brand new control just released with version 3.99r so it has not been extensively tested. You can also try to use a BasicLabel and use the property PLCAddressKeypad.

For a trend chart, you can use ChartBySampling

Leave Visual Studio in the Debug setting and use the Debug folder. The difference is very minute and you will get better debug information.

Does it work within Visual Studio? Are you trying to run it on a different PC than the one with Visual Studio?

Leave Visual Studio in the Debug setting and use the Debug folder. The difference is very minute and you will get better debug information.

Does it work within Visual Studio? Are you trying to run it on a different PC than the one with Visual Studio?

hi Archie,
I took a fresh copy of Ahmi, run in visual basic express 2013. it works in VB, without adding any control. I opened debug folder and try
to run exe but the error is same...but when i open some small console projects made during learning. they are working well.
Aa I doing something wrong

error.jpg

hi Archie,
I took a fresh copy of Ahmi, run in visual basic express 2013. it works in VB, without adding any control. I opened debug folder and try
to run exe but the error is same...but when i open some small console projects made during learning. they are working well.
Aa I doing something wrong
You are in the \obj\debug directory, but you need to be in the \bin\debug