Kinetix 300 Enable/disable by Motionview Onboard

unsaint32

I am an automation technician working on Kinetix 300 drives with Motionview Onboard.

We have two different setups;
- Controllogix 5000 to the Kinetix 300
- Micrologix 1400 to the Kinetix 300.

I have to disable the drive in order to change the drive mode from indexing to autotuning.

With the Controllogix setup, I force off a PLC output to cut off 24V signal to the Kinetix 300's terminal 29. Then I can see in the MotionView Onboard that the drive is switched from "Enabled" to "Disabled."

With the Microllogix setup, however, when I force off the PLC output to the drive's terminal 29, the drive faults.

As you can see in the picture, with the Controllogix setup, I have additional "enable" data being sent. But when I force that one off, that didn't make any difference. I still can force off the Controllogix PLC output and successfully "disable" the drive without getting the fault.

Likewise, in the Micrologix setup, I force ON the L11:0/7, then force off the PLC output, I still get the fault.

How can I change the drive between disabled and enabled without causing fault? Thanks. d

CLX_setup.jpg MLX_setup.jpg

What is the L11:0 double-word being used for on the MicroLogix ? Is it being sent to the Kinetix 300 over a network ?

These are separate control systems, right ? You're not trying to use the MicroLogix and the CompactLogix in parallel with the same Kinetix 300 servo.

What is the exact error code ?

If it's an E43, you might be getting the issue described in RA Knowledgebase article 70091 (TechConnect), in which you might have to do a Reset to Defaults.

There's additional information about input A3 and the Enable Switch function in RA Knowledgebase article 462674 (Access Level: Everyone).

What is the L11:0 double-word being used for on the MicroLogix ? Is it being sent to the Kinetix 300 over a network ?
Most likely it was intended to send the "enable" signal over network through MSG but it is not being used. We just use the PLC out for the enable 24 V signal to the terminal 29. I forced on the L11:0/7 and then forced off the PLC out, but the same fault happened.

These are separate control systems, right ? You're not trying to use the MicroLogix and the CompactLogix in parallel with the same Kinetix 300 servo.
correct.

What is the exact error code ?
If it's an E43, you might be getting the issue described in RA Knowledgebase article 70091 (TechConnect), in which you might have to do a Reset to Defaults.
Yes, it is E43. But that is to be expected because the PLC out is the 24V for the A3 terminal. E43 = A3 Enable voltage missing.

There's additional information about input A3 and the Enable Switch function in RA Knowledgebase article 462674 (Access Level: Everyone).
I sent you a PM asking you how I can access these Knowledge base. Thanks Ken.

I sent you a PM asking you how I can access these Knowledge base. Thanks Ken.

To access the knowledge base you just need to sign up for an account - it's free. Some articles are locked unless you have a paid support contract, but as Ken said, the one he has pointed you to is accessible to everyone.