Is RS Linx still on and loaded with the RS Logix 5000 CD ?

Rob S.

I just purchased RS Logix 5000 , and loaded it on a laptop.
During loading it, I did not take notice if RS Linx was ever loaded. I thought RS Linx was always loaded if it was not on the machine it was loading. This CD for RS Logix 5000 was version 20.01 . I did receive Rockwell Studio 5000 which has version 21.03 on it , but it seems like the cd is bad , because I cannot read it on my cd drive , but the RS Logix 5000 cd loads fine. I am getting ready to call Rockwell , but I wanted to gather my facts first. Any thoughts on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

My experience is that Linx still comes on the CD. It may be that it was optional and the box wasn't checked (although it typically seems to load it by default).

Browse the disk and search for it. If it is a factory disk, I'm thinking that it's there somewhere.

And you better be sure you want that 21.03 installed. I'd do your homework on the ".03" versions before installing (20.03 and 21.03). They are not the same as, and not compatible with the typical V20 and V21 programs/firmware.

Thanks . but I don't see RS Linx on that disk at all. I will call Rockwell. I never ran into this before with Rockwell software.

It was because I had Window's 7. I was able to get the Studio 5000 to work and was able to load RS Linx. Thanks for your help.