WIN911 Alarm Notifier system - any users on here ?

Yes, I know this is an old post.

We have V7, Interactive, and the latest 2021 R2 version.

tons of problem with Interactive and R2. At this point I can not recommend this product, period. R2 got much getter interface but still need to use user creditia (not huge deal) but can't handle large tag count either by subscription or blocks (static tags)

I'm ****ed at Win 911 2021 cause they stopped support of the USB TAPI modem. I got customer that wants to upgrade, but the computer isn't on the internet and dials out with the modem

In that case, I guess you can just add an ethernet port on your PC and just connect up the modem that way if you do not want to put the modem on the network.

no iginition, it's all AB hardware PLC & HMI. Win911 communicates with the PLCs over OPC through RSLinx. What they're exploring now is connecting the computer to internet access because the company has VOIP and setting up an account for that PC

These days, text message is the primary way for people to get notification. A lot of product can do it but Win911 used to be the only one that handles big and complex scenarios. What other product is out there? I'm nearing the point to look for alternative.

These days, text message is the primary way for people to get notification. A lot of product can do it but Win911 used to be the only one that handles big and complex scenarios. What other product is out there? I'm nearing the point to look for alternative.

For hardware based HMI, I use Red Lion to send email alerts and I have a set of tags and programs I re-use that allow the operator to enter phone numbers and carrier names that allow the HMI to send what it "thinks" are emails that are routed through SMS gateways to end up as text messages. Since the HMI does not support email authentication, we have an account with AuthSMTP that relays them for us. We use Stridelinx VPN routers to enable the HMI to access the internet. This combo has worked very reliably for over 6 years for us. Somewhere on this forum I posted an example that includes the HMI pages, tags, and programs so that the operator at runtime can edit the call information quite easily.

For PC based HMI, Ignition with its alarm notification module has all the bells and whistles you could want. Add the voice notification module and a simple VOIP gateway and it can do text to speech voice phone calls over landlines even where the system is isolated from the internet. The voice alarms are very clear and easy to understand. The power and flexibility of Ignition is nearly unlimited. They also offer an SMS module which I have not used which allows it to send alerts via 3rd party SMS gateway hardware directly through the cell networks. The systems we have integrated where the operator wants texts, we just have them add their contact info as an email and manually enter the sms gateway suffix as needed. Most smartphone savvy people know their own sms gateway and those who don't can look it up pretty quickly.

The alarm notification pipeline editor in Ignition allows for about any imaginable scenario to be implemented. The roster management and scheduling tools can be included in the client (runtime) application so that just about any sort of repeating work schedule can be pre-programmed and adjusted as needed by the operators/supervisors so the right person gets called first.

Last edited:
I need the voice capability because it calls the phones in the operators rooms. This is in a steel mill. It also logs if the operator picks up the phone.