WIntelligent Linx DDE communications

rrangaprasad

Hi, im new in regards to PLC stuff.
Anyways, i am tring to to create communication between PLC and a visual basic executable file through WINtelligent Linx.

I have created a topic called "TimerPulse" thro' wintelligent linx and as i understand the application name for WINtelligent linx is "Icomwdrv".

I need the "toggling" PLC values (B3/2) to be shown in a text box on Visual basic. So in the text box, i linked the following:

LinkItem--> B3/2
LinkTopic--> Icomwdrv|Timerpulse

Further, i have also written the code for DDE initiate in visual basic.

So when i run the Visual basic, the text box should show the toggling values. But it says : "run-time error 282. No foreign application responded to a DDE initiate"

THE SAME THING WORKS PERFECTLY IS I USE RSLINX.
For that, instead of Icomwdrv, i use RSLinx and it works great.

I'm guessing then there is something woring in the way i'm creating the topic, etc in Wintelligent Linx.

In WinLinx, if i put superWho, it shows that it can see the PLC and also it shows that it is receiving something from PLC.

In configuring topic, the topic name is "TimerPulse" and i put in the info of the PLC connected (name, station no. etc)

I don't know what c'd be wrong.
Any help w'd be greatly appreciated.

Are you sure that you have a licensed copy of WinLinx, and not WinLinx Lite ? I presume so, because you said you can configure the DDE topic.

Otherwise you seem to have it right, like this:

Link Topic = icomwdrv|topicname
Link Item = B3/2
Link Mode = 1

I don't know if the server name and topic name are case sensitive. The B3/2 address looks OK, but you might try B3:0/2 to explicitly designate the word number.

WIntelligent Linx LITE???

YES
It is WINtelligent Linx Lite

So i won't be able to do DDE communication using Win LITE?

is that the problem?

Ranga