power loss and auto reset SLC 503

mordred

Is there a way to set up an auto reset on the SLC 503 processor
to clear the power loss detection rather than using the keyswitch to clear the error? I realize the alarm is stored in the S registers. could using the S1/15 input for the first cycle detection be used to clear that fault?

Last edited:
Go to the Process Status File, Errors tab and Set S:1/8 to 1, then save and download. This should force the controller to clear any Major/Minor faults that happened when power was lost and put the CPU in REM Run on power-up. I believe the keyswitch has to stay in REM for this to work.

Similar Topics

Hi folks ! Got an older Modicom BM85 and I suspect that it's not passing data to ModBus+ network. We had a power loss for a few days and I suspect...
Replies
Views
Hi all I am working on a retrofit project. There is one backup pump with Powerflex 753 drive controlled by 2 different PLCs(one 1756-L63 ,one...
Replies
Views
Whenever we lose power to the the machine, the PLC loses its program. But as you can see in the picture, the battery fault LED is not ON. Also...
Replies
Views
Hello, PLC rookie here working with an AB CompactLogix LI6ER in RSlogix 5000. So far I've only used structured text. I'm working on an...
Replies
Views
We had a problem that I have never seen before. 1756-IF8I card with channels 1-4 powering field devices. This card has been working for several...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom