CCW and Windows 10

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, Has anyone been able to use the latest version of CCW on Windows 10? I read a tech note in KB acknowledging there is a problem, I just wondered if anyone has found a work-around? Thanks.

I have used CCW standard v11.00 on Windows 10, it works for me basically correctly.

The only problem I found is that I have never seen before a PLC programming tool as slow as this one.

Before installing v11.00 you have to uninstall any previous beta versions which you might not realize you installed (it might have been beta without you knowing it was beta). Best bet with v11.00 is to uninstall any previous versions you had before installing it.

Before installing v11.00 you have to uninstall any previous beta versions which you might not realize you installed (it might have been beta without you knowing it was beta). Best bet with v11.00 is to uninstall any previous versions you had before installing it.

Did this several times. Wiped any trace of CCW. I went to AB Tech Support and they told me this is a known issue. They gave me a tech note to follow but that didn't help either.

I have 10.1 installed on a W10 machine and runs fine

Hmmmm. No matter what I try I cannot get mine to go online with PF525 control module. It shows that it is online but will not transfer anything to it. I use it on Windows7 and it works fine. Like I mentioned above, I contact AB tech support and they told me it is a known issue. I tried what he told me too and he ended up telling me to just use Windows7. Lol

This is probably verging on derailing the topic, but are any of you using the Developer edition for version 11?
I'm still running Standard edition v10 but need to upgrade soon.

The Rockwell website claims the Developer edition has the ability to copy ladder logic from RSLogix 500. Any reviews on how well that actually works?

Also I still find CCW a painful software, but my biggest grievance is not being able to do online edits. How do the rest of you deal with that?

Last edited:
Version 11.1 is suppose to be coming out soon and will have the ability to emulate RSLogix500 and 5000/Studio (so I'm told). If you install developer (I believe) you will run into the same issue of having to completely uninstall it before installing 11.1 but I don't know that for sure.