Need help with upload program from 1747-psd to PC

SID83320

Hello to everyone!

At first sorry for my bad english.
I've got the next problem:
I have PC with COM-port, 1747-cp3 cable and 1747-psd with SLC5/04 program onboard, and I couldn't upload this programm.
What I do wrong?

PC soft: Windows XP, RSlinx 2.52, RSlogix 500 8.1

1747-psd.jpg 1747-psd2.jpg

Here is the manual for the 1747-PSD, see page 14 ( note to uncheck "Autobrowse")

Note : I have never used a 1747-PSD.

first question:

was anything already plugged into the port on the front of the SLC before you tried to connect to it yourself? ...

for example: sometimes a barcode reader or an operator's input terminal is already connected to the port ... if that is the case, then the port has probably been reconfigured to act as a "user" type port – instead of a "system" type port ... a "user" type port cannot be used for connection to a programming type device ...

next question:

with NOTHING plugged into the port on the front of the SLC, watch the LED marked "RS232" on the front of the processor ...

does the LED stay OFF – or does it blink once every three or four seconds? ...

if the LED blinks (with NOTHING plugged into it) then the port has probably been reconfigured to be a DH485 type port – and not an RS-232 type port ...

next question:

do you already have an existing copy of the program file? ... if so, can you post it here? ... (you'll have to zip it first – forum rule) ... if we can look at the file, we can often help you understand how your system is set up ...

finally be very careful with the terminology you're using ... in an Allen-Bradley system:

(1) you UP-load a program FROM the PLC ...

(2) you DOWN-load a program TO the PLC ...

which way are you trying to go? ... TO the PLC? – or FROM the PLC? ...

another tip: do not call the PLC a PC ... many people use the abbreviation PC for "Personal Computer" ... that can lead to all sorts of confusion when you're discussing communication issues ...

and welcome to the forum ...

Last edited: