rslogix 5000 new instructions show on left

gerberz

rslogix 5000. New instructions show on left of the where i am currently selected.

So if I make a new branch then use the toolbar to create a XIO then use the toolbar to also create a OTE the OTE will be on the left side of the XIO.

When programming i think left to right not right to left so i end up always having to change things around. Is there a setting to change this?

I don't know if there is a more obvious way to make this change, but here is one way: at the bottom of the editor window you will see "INS" in a small box. Right-click in that box and select Append Mode, which will change it to "APP". This will make rung additions go to the right of the currently selected item. It appears that ctrl+I is also keyboard shortcut to switch between insert and append modes.

A few weeks ago I was testing out shortcuts I must have hit ctrl+I lol. That was driving me nuts Thanks!

Last edited: