You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old September 6th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #1
Eddie Willers
United States

PanelView 600: ???? - 2012

Does anyone have a clear memory of when the PanelView Standard 600 was introduced, specifically the Touchscreen-only version ?

I can remember PV550 and PV900 terminals with Keypads and Keypad/Touch with version 1.05 and 1.07 firmware as far back as 1995. I think the 600 was the first color terminal.

I'm preparing a customer with downtime risks to stock new PanelView Plus 600 (the new 6.10/7.0 hardware) as backups, and I want to remind him in detail about the service life of the existing terminals.

My recollection of the end-of-production notification from RA is that they planned to stop manufacturing PV Standards of all sizes in December 2012.
Old September 6th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #2
James Mcquade
United States

the standard pv (2711-xxxx) terminals are discontinued.
they were replaced by the panelview plus terminals which are also discontinued.

the new terminals are the panelview plus 6 terminals.

just in case, the pabelbuilder programs are not a direct switchover to the new terminals.
you must inport the program and degug.
i am about to go through this in a week or so.

regards,
james
Old September 6th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #3
Eddie Willers
United States

Yup; I have a brand new 2711P-T6C20D8 terminal on my desk. Built in May 2013, shipped from the factory with firmware 6.10.

I keep stumbling on what to call it: "PanelView Plus 6 600" doesn't really roll off the tongue.

So far the conversion has been very straightforward. I'm using FactoryTalk View Studio 6.10, with RSLinx Enterprise and the Transfer Utility patched to support the new terminals. This setup will actually only create v5.10 runtimes, but I am not using any v6 or v7 features so that's OK.

There were some multistate indicators with hundreds of text states, so I exported some displays to XML and did all my font and color changes, then re-imported the displays. Once I got the hang of it (Notepad++ is a great free XML editor) this saved huge amounts of time.

I'm still curious about when RA actually introduced the PanelView Standard 600. My guess would be 1998, but I don't know for sure. I do know that trying to find a PanelBuilder32 revision history has not been easy.

Last edited by Eddie Willers; September 6th, 2013 at 12:48 PM.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum