Structuring of TIA portal CPUs and project

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I'm a little intrested in how you guys structure your TIA portal projects.
We mainly have s7-1200 CPUs in single machines and no communication with others.

We are in the making of doing some cabinets wich will communicate with each other.

How do you guys handle it in TIA?

Do you have one project for each CPU?
Do you have a project with all CPUs that are communicating with each other?
Do you have a single project for the plant with all the CPUs you are working on regardless on how the CPUs talk to each other?

Just a little intressring on how you guuys do it. Up to now I have had a single project for each CPU but now when we shall communicate with each other I'm leaning on having a multiple CPU project for the whole plant. To start with 3 s7-1200 but will soon be 5 s7-1200. Only 3 of the 5 will communicate but I imagine that it will be easier to have structure on the whole plant if I have it in the same project?

/Tim

That's what I thought, but when the project gets big, does the TIA portal get slower? How do you experience it? I have the chance to do this right now integrating, because I have two separate projects right now.

I can check tomorrow at work but is there an easy way of merging two projects?

/Tim

I have only used TIA to make a couple of FB's for the 1200, so I have no experience with 'big' configurations. 5x1200 should'n be that big either.

From my reading in other forums it seems that the speed decreases and frustrations increases when TIA's WinCC option is used.

Kalle