Red Lion CSMSTRGT

Ian762

Hello,

I just received a Red Lion CSMSTRGT and cannot figure out how to access the virtual HMI. I have pages created, but I am not sure how to view them in a runtime environment.

When I attempt to go to the IP of the device, I get a timeout page error. I can ping the device, and I turned the FTP server and the web server on, but still nothing. I have used red lion products before but this is my first time with a Virutal HMI.

Anyone know of some other setting I need to change, or if there is something else I need to add to the IP address when browsing to it to get the screens to come up?

It should respond to an ordinary HTTP request. Write the full URL of "HTTP://[IP address]" instead of just the IP address in the browser bar.

Be sure that your browser is not set to automatically try HTTPS instead.

You can also be sure that the HTTP server is functioning by using TCPing (from elifulkerson.com) on Port 80, instead of ordinary PING.

Finally figured it out.

I had to recreate the project and add things one at a time and I finally figured it out. Turns out my issue was due to some internal memory tags I created.

My project had to modules connected to it, RTD and AI. I created some data tags to act as the High (P1_XT_HI_SP) and Low (P1_XT_LO_SP) alarm setpoints for each point on the input cards.

For the High setpoint under the Format tab, I used the P1_XT_LO_SP tag as the Minimum value under Data Limits. I did the opposite for the Low setpoint, using P1_XT_HI_SP as the Maximum Value.

This apparently caused the device to bomb, but not in a noticeable way as no errors showed in the program, and I could download to the device no problem.

7uGugxI

Untitled.jpg

Last edited: