Omron Zen PLC - timmer delay - starter project

JLBPEM

I am new to the PCL - my history is "C" programming. I have a very simple PCL starter project. I am using the IO ports for input and the Q relay output ports. I am just trying to get my arms around the PLC ladder programming.

I can write a starter project - activating I0 activates Q0 & deactivating I0 deactivates Q0.

Question - how do I generate a timer. When I0 goes from Hi to Low I would like to delay 2 seconds and then set Q1 active.

Thanks for any feedback and support

Thanks for the quick reply. I have looked at this and have not located my solution. How do I attach a pdf file for showing my circuit and simulation. When I attempt to attach it is asking for URL - I am use to a file browsers popping up. Not sure what to do for url of my link http://

Question - how do I generate a timer.
You do not have to generate a timer, for the ZEN or for most other PLCs. Timers are one the the most-used PLC functions, therefore have special "boxes" or functions that do the work for you. You just insert the timer box (or timer relay circle in the ZEN case), set a few variables such as the Preset Time and the Time base, and let her go. I will try to post a picture of using a ZEN timer.

Last edited:
Here is a picture of a ZEN program with 3 timers, running in the ZEN Simulator mode. Notice that the first T1 timer has reached its Preset time value.

For the ZEN, each timer contact can be set for a different time in Seconds, Minutes, or Hours, and a different type of timer (On Delay, Off Delay, One-Shot, or Flashing).

Tal508- 3 Timers.jpg

Last edited:
To set up a timer contact, insert a NO or NC contact, Select "T" type, then edit the "Edit Contact" boxes to set the type, time range, and time setting.

Tal508- Edit Timer Contact.jpg

Last edited:
For the ZEN, each timer contact can be set for a different time in Seconds, Minutes, or Hours, and a different type of timer (On Delay, Off Delay, One-Shot, or Flashing).
I don't know why I said it like that which is misleading. Each ZEN timer contact can be set for a different time, but that also changes all other contacts, so basically each timer only has 1 Preset time value, 1 type of timer, and 1 time base.

JL, did you solve your timer problem?