You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old June 30th, 2020, 08:51 AM   #31
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by akky View Post
if suppose this is the case, is there a way to reverse it or change it in anyway?

will serial communication work?
Yes your serial connection should still work, you will need a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable then you can change the Ethernet settings
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more...OEM and aftermarket supplies... Aftermarket 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+, new USB to 485 modbus
Old June 30th, 2020, 09:19 AM   #32
akky
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusintraining View Post
Yes your serial connection should still work, you will need a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable then you can change the Ethernet settings
Yes I have the cable.. Ill check it in a few days and give an update on the same.
But can you tell me which driver to select?
Old June 30th, 2020, 09:22 AM   #33
alan_505
Australia

RS232 DF1
then set the com port to what your USB to serial adapter is using or if you have a real serial port set it to that COM address (usually COM1)
once you have set the correct COM you should be able to click on autobrowse and it should find the correct settings for the ML1400's serial port.

Alan.
Old June 30th, 2020, 09:25 AM   #34
geniusintraining
United States

Like Alan said the DF1

Here is a video that may help, I am using a USB cable so if you are not then select COM1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIu1AGUR4N8
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more...OEM and aftermarket supplies... Aftermarket 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+, new USB to 485 modbus
Old July 1st, 2020, 12:42 AM   #35
akky
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusintraining View Post
Hi,
So actually i have the AB 1763-NC01 cable and not the one you mentioned. So is there any way this would work through RS-485 mode of communication?
I have a USB to RS-485 converter with me.
Old July 1st, 2020, 06:14 AM   #36
geniusintraining
United States

I have never tried, your PLC would need to be setup for 485 first and I think you would need to download that to the processor....

There is a chance that you could use the NC01 to make a PM02, you would need to verify the pinout of the two and compare them, the NC01 is not a converter its only connects to the pin so in theory its RS232 and could work as a PM02 if the pins are correct

I know Mickey has posted the pinout of the of the NC01 before
Old July 1st, 2020, 01:33 PM   #37
Mickey
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Here..
Attached Files
File Type: doc 1763_NC01_cable_pin_out__Answer_ID_34450.doc (26.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: pdf 1761-CBL-PM02-PinOut.pdf (21.3 KB, 3 views)

If you want happiness for an hour-take a nap. If you want happiness for a day-go fishing. If you want happiness for a month-getmarried. If you want happiness for a year-inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime-help someone else.
----- Chinese Proverb
Old July 2nd, 2020, 03:01 AM   #38
akky
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
Here..
ok Mickey thanks, ill check on this and update in some days.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum