You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old June 28th, 2020, 07:08 PM   #1
Baker in Virginia
United States

Panelview Plus-What is the best way to get back into Config Mode ?

Good Evening ,

I have a Panelview Plus that I need to go back into Config Mode. I understand that if you have a USB keyboard you can press the Default button and go into a screen that will allow you to go into config mode . Is that safe and easy to do ?

At one time wasn't there a white box you could press on bootup ?

Thanks so much for your help.
Old June 28th, 2020, 07:23 PM   #2
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

Many versions have the white square at bootup. I'm not sure which version first introduced it. Then there was one minor revision (somewhere around v6, IIRC) where they removed it, and following an immediate uproar, reintroduced it in the next minor revision.

Next bet is a USB keyboard and Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Windows

There are other ways in as well, but 99% of the time, those two will get you by.
Old June 28th, 2020, 07:25 PM   #3
chavak
Malaysia

I understand you can go to config mode using a USB keyboard.

But in my opinion, the best thing to do is put a 'Go to Config Mode' button in one of your screen, maybe with password protected.

But I guess now you have to upload the runtime file, add in the above button and download it back.
Old June 28th, 2020, 07:36 PM   #4
Baker in Virginia
United States

Nobody knows the password . Once I make some modifications to the application I will add a go to configure mode button .
Old June 28th, 2020, 11:03 PM   #5
Mike Lamond
United States

Can you connect to the PanelView with a VNC client? Use the "Send Ctrl-Alt-Del" button will cause the Windows CE OS to bring up the standard dialog box with the Restart Windows option. Win CE will restart to the desktop and when you start the PanelView Plus runtime it will go into config mode instead of running the application. At least, that's my experience with PV Plus 7 Performance.

Mike
Old June 30th, 2020, 12:20 PM   #6
Jsu0234m
Supporting Member
United States

The best way would be to put a go to configure screen button in your HMI program, either hidden behind something that would never be touched or locked behind a login screen.

If you forgot to do this and the little white square isn't there on reboots. Then you will need to either reset the panel view with the buttons on the back or plug a keyboard in and press Shift-Ctrl-Windows-Alt all at the same time until the end program screen pops up.

The keyboard method takes a few tries but it usually works.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum