Control Cabinet Keys

SLaubach

Hello i am looking for a vendor that sell a 4 in 1 cabinet key includeing 2 square 4 & 8 mm? one triangle and the round hollow with ears all used with Rittal cabinets. Rittal can sell me only single keys whitch can add up to a lot of weight in your pocket!! i once saw a 4 in 1 "+" looking by a company S B stamped into the key. i have searched high and low on the net for this company with no success.
thanks for helping!:rolleyes:

Why not decide on a specific type to use and change all to that, in the long run it makes it easier just to have one type of lock. We are down to 2 for most of our stuff now. I use Rittal enclosures when I need one and try to get the round with ear you refered too (I cant remember now what they call that lock either but other brands/oem's use that one too).

hi
i am a little suprised that rittal can not obtain a set of keys for you. The part number you need to quote them is SZ 2549.00, and it's in the latest catalogue! Hope this is of some help.

regards

kevin

Thanks for all your input, i went the the site suggested but they do not have a US distributer, what type of currency was that in? i found the part on the pheonix site and they have a local Pennsylvania dist.

I need a similar key, but with a longer "Cross", giving more clearance. Has anyone got a manufacturers name ?

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but I made my own 4-in-1 key by cutting the ends off four keys and brazing them together. That way, you can make them any length you want. Of course, you wouldn't want to do this if you were looking for a dozen of them to pass on to a maintenance crew, but if you just want one, give it a try.