Is cable interchangeable

graemeian

I have a PC connected to an Omron CQM1 and it works properly. I also have a CJ1M. Will the same rs232 communications cable work for both?

What is the part number of the cable you are using? I use a CN226 for the CJ1M and a CIF02 for the CQM1

The CIF02 is a 20 pin connector (two rows of 10) the CN226 looks like a mini HDMI conector

Although for the CQM1, I have both a CQM1-CIF02 and an RS232 modified M/F cable. I have never needed to take the CQM1-CIF02 out of the package.

Now for the CJ1M, can I talk through the RS232 or must I talk through the peripheral?

Not sure but you should be able to give it a try... what is the part number of the modified cable you want to try?

I just tried a CN220 and it acts strange, I went online with the CJ1M using the CN226 but when I tried the CN220 and the DB9 port it acts like its going online then gets bumped off.... the DB9 port I think is configurable so that maybe the issue, it sees the PLC but can not upload :unsure: just a guess

It maybe better if you just buy a CN226 https://www.plccable.com/omron-plc-cable-usb-cs1w-cn226-cs1wcn226-usb-version/

There are a few members that are very good with Omron and they may chime in....

You can connect to the Serial Port for programming by setting DIPSWITCH 5 to OFF and using Custom Settings for the Host Link Port tab in the PLC. Make sure you have the correct pinouts for the serial cable.

CJ1M Serial Port Setup for programming.JPG Serial Cable Pinout.jpg