N7:0/10 bit

RobertB

Hi, All...

I want to use the bits in an N7: register to set outputs.
Example... N7:0/10 equals 1, turn on O:0/1.
I am with RS500 and it isn't as easy as it sounds.
Every time I put N7:0/10 in an instruction, an error message pops up and says "Address must be specified to the word level!"
I really don't want to do LIM comparisons to 'extrapolate' what the N7:0/10 value must be.

"Address must be specified to the word level!" means the instruction expects a word but N7:0/10 is a bit, not a word

Je ce connais, mon ami. (French- I know this, my friend)
But it doesn't solve the problem though.

Provided your using a 16 bit output card, I think you can use a MOV instruction and write N7.0 to O:1.0 (or wherever your output card is)
When a bit is toggled in the N register, it would also toggle in the corresponding output register.

Dmargineau had it! That works! I did not know you could use N7:x/bit in a program like that. If you set it to N7:0/0 and feed N7:0 from a counter. Makes a great "Even/Odd" toggle or identifier.

Thank you, Dmargineau!

If you try to put N7:0/ 10 (or any bit from the word in an INSTRUCTION.... you get the error. Dmargineau threw me until I figured out he meant -----] N7:0/10 [------. Not -----l N7:0/10 l-----