TwinCAT 3 visualization

karlek

Hello everyone, recently I switched to TwinCAT 3 after using TwinCAT 2 for some time. While creating a visualization I couldn't find "trend" element similar to the one in TC 2, only "histogram". Is there a possibility to turn histogram into trend type of chart or any other way to trend a variable (or several variables)?

Thanks in advance :geek:

Hm, where can I find that option? I can't find it under the Toolbox menu - see the screenshot attached.

To be more precise - I don't want to use Scope, I want to embed the chart in my visualisation.

Untitled.png

OK, solved it in the end. If someone is interested, here's how:

- I wanted to chart 2 variables - measured rpm of electrical motor, and desired rpm (motor is driven by frequency converter), both values on the same chart,
- as I figured, it is impossible to chart 2 variables on one histogram, so I put 2 histograms (2 separate elements) one on top of the other, and used FOR loop to fill the arrays that are used to chart variables (display type of the histogram is "Curve" as you can see on the attached images),
- I was satisfied with the final result :)

Last edited:
Hi

I'm trying to do two histogram on top of each other but it doesn't work do to lack of transparency. How did you made that work?

/ David

Hi

I'm trying to do two histogram on top of each other but it doesn't work do to lack of transparency. How did you made that work?

/ David

Hello Vilse,

I've opened my project example with the mentioned histograms to help myself remember what I actually did. I don't think that you need transparency from what I see. In my version of TwinCAT 3, Histogram element is transparent by default (regardless of the type - bars, lines or curves).

Please see the attached images. Are you using TwinCAT 3?

Thank you for the fast response!

After your input I realized I had chosen the one of only two Visu styles that doesn't have transparent Histograms. The two White styles does not.

/ David