Omron/CX-Programmer User Defined Function? (Not Function Block)

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is it possible to create User Defined Functions in CX-Programmer? You can do this in CODESYS no problem.

I would like to be able to do this, and have the function return a bool

Code:
IF (PairMatcher(Left_ID, Right_ID, 1, 2)) THEN (* Test of pair Matcher*)
    SequenceNumber := 1;
END_IF;
This is the code that would be in the Function

Code:
[B]IF((InA = CompA AND InB = CompB) OR (InA = CompB AND InB = CompA)) THEN
    PairMatcher := True;
ELSE
    PairMatcher := False;
END_IF;[/B]

Last edited:
I don't think CX-Programmer has a User Defined Function. It only has subroutine and Function Block.(If I am not wrong only CJ series PLC has Function Blocks).

I don't think CX-Programmer has a User Defined Function. It only has subroutine and Function Block.(If I am not wrong only CJ series PLC has Function Blocks).
Thank you sir.

Sorry I should have replied along time ago. I read it though.

Out of Curiosity does SYSMAC Studio support this?

P.S. CX-One sucks why can't they just migrate to Codesys.