rsLinx Gateway resets to Lite on Server Reboot

resourcesys

We have a Windows 2003 Server which we support remotely.

When the server is restarted rsLinx comes back up in Lite mode and then we have to restart the rsLinx service. When we do it comes back in the correct Gateway Mode.

Any ideas why this is the case or how to ensure that it restarts okay all the time?

Thanks in advance
Resourcesys

It sounds like there is a timing issue with the start of RSLinx following a reboot, and/or its ability to locate the license when initiated.

First, is this a Factory Talk License, or disk based activation?

Is the license locally installed, or retrieved from a server?

Is RSLinx configured to start as a service? If so, is it set for automatic?

Paul

Similar Topics

I connected a 1769-L38ERM to my PC via USB cable. I have 2 known problems: PLC is listed as Unrecognized Device with a yellow question mark. [3]...
Replies
Views
Inexperienced user here. We are upgrading servers and currently have RSLinx Classic Lite with a dozen SLC505s on it. The new server will run FT...
Replies
Views
Hello all, We purchased rslinx gateway license. Rockwell sent me a link to download the software as well product key and serial number. I...
Replies
Views
My system can get complex, but I have a RA CLX system with an I/O rack w/2ENBT modules on separate networks that are redundant to separate Tag...
Replies
Views
Friends as the heading shows i want to integrate rslogix 500 with rsemulate 500 and rslinx opc server with fsgateway to see data in intouch...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom