PanelView 1000 Plus

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi

On the firmware upgrade side of these little beasts

Do you have to pay every time you do the firmware ug ?

I looked in the manual and it gives part numbers with licenses for

1,5,10, 25 etc upgrade licenses ?

Also whats the difference between the two media kits ?

A little confused!

Oh and btw the panelview plus is one i am getting to play with its an

HMI 2711P-RDT10C Screen Only so ill obviosly need to order a logic module but will i need the comms module if i use etherent ?
Its a Series A Rev. B.

No. The only upgrade I think you have to pay for is the one the involves going from 3.0 to 3.1. In that case the WinCE OS is the first step the upgrade process, going from Win3.0 to Win4.0. It is for this upgrade that MicroSoft compells Rockwell to charge a licencing fee. An unfortunate gotcha that Rockwell does not intend to get caught with again.

If you ask your distributor nicely, or make enough squeal, they will often come to the party.

If you are just using the Ethernet port, which is what I would normally recomend, then it is not necessary to use any piggyback comms modules.

The 7" and larger PV+ terminals use the same logic module, which includes an Ethernet port.

Any series and revision of display module is going to be compatible with any revision of logic module. There's a compatibility rule with the internal CompactFlash cards, for some reason, but that's always included with a Logic module.

Be sure not to try to cross a PV+ display module with a VersaView CE logic module; the two types are keyed (for reasons I will never understand) so they will warn you at every bootup if you have parts from two different terminals.

Again, the firmware upgrade was only 3.0 -> 3.1, and every distributor in the world still has some license kits around leftover from the Great Migration.