Intralox ARB Conveyors - What is your all's experience with them ?

Cydog

Good Morning ,

We have some new equipment coming in and this equipment has Intralox ARB Conveyors . I searched their website , and really did not see too much in the way how they work . I imagine the rollers are controlled underneath by other conveyors , right ? Do they interface with a Rockwell ControlLogix just like a drive would ? Do you guys have much problems with them ?

Do you guys have any good links to information ?

Thanks like always ,

We use them and I have commissioned one. They are very simple from a controls perspective. They cone with solenoid air valves that you control. Each valve controls a pop up assembly that presses on the inside underside of the belt and causes the little wheels to roll in the direction of the divert.

You need to make sure mechanical leaves enough slack in the belt per Intralox instructions. Overall its a good system.

I have commissioned a few of them, but only small 90° units (1200mm long) with a single actuator. I believe that the basic principle is the same for the more sophisticated units...

In my application the belt had free spinning rollers embedded that are oriented diagonally to the main feed direction. Under the belt is a pneumatically actuated roller assembly that can push against the conveyor belt. When the roller assembly is lowered the embedded rollers won't spin, the products will run straight on the belt. When the roller assembly is raised it will cause the embedded rollers to spin. Depending on the orientation of the embedded rollers the products will move left or right relative to the belt direction.

The controls consisted of a conveyor motor (soft start or vfd - depends on what you need) and one valve per activation zone. Optionally you can order additional feedback for the roller assembly position.

They seem to work well, I had no problem with them unless someone messed with the pressure setting of the pneumatic actuator (lockable regulators are mandatory) or lubed the conveyor belt, the system depends on the right amount of friction between the roller assembly and the embedded rollers.