Panelview 550 and RSNetworx for Controlnet issue

Tim ODell

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm using this Panelview 550 a 2711-B5A15 Ser. F REV.L FRN. 4.20
when I look at it's Property in RSLogix 5000 version 13 it comes up as having Firmware 2.4. What am I missing here? I saw no place to change any of the Panelview information in either RSLogix nor the RSNetwork for ControlNet.
Isn't the Firmware suppose to be 4.20?
When I use Panelview32 it all comes up as 4.2

My guess is that RSLogix 5000 is reporting the revision number of the ControlNet daughtercard. The PanelView Standard terminals had a separate firmware file for the CIP network (DNet, CNet, ENet) daughtercards.

Are you getting a mismatch error, or just trying to figure out why the reported revision number isn't what you expect ?

Yes Ken I was looking in the Module Information Tab for this device, and see the following labels, but it doesn't give me any errors messages
Configured: Yes
Owned: No
Match: Yes
I have a 1756-M02AE device on this same system. I have the same labels marked as above and the firmware matches the firmware of the card, but this one is telling me it has a fault (Code16 #001F) Error in Processing Related Service.
Just trying to understand alittle better as why this is happening and neither card is marked as owned as the other ones are.
Can you shed some light on this for me please

Thanks
Tim