Career Change

I know people who have moved into Project Management. Not sure that gets you out of traveling as much! I also know people who moved over to the sales/distribution side of things as a technical/application resource.

Depends on the type and size of project. Some of these will have an assigned manager on site for the duration of the project and someone at the office coordinating it along with the guy on site.
This will be true for large and lengthy projects, but the "office" project manager will still travel as a visit and not to actually manage contractors or teams.

A couple of months ago I found one VP in my company was involved in controls throughout his career. We're a manufacturing company, not a systems integrator or machine builder.

As others said, you can jump over to the maintenance side of things, but the problems you'll be facing will be on the process side of things, optimization, potentially building business cases for upgrade/expansion of equipment and the most dreaded of all, managing people.
That's what I do now as I can't find a developer role that isn't trying their best to make you work for free.

@Timeismoney08, Microchip was actually hiring for their motor control applications a couple of months back.