You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old November 21st, 2006, 02:21 AM   #1
Antero
Finland

Mitsubishi A-series PLC communication

I would need information concerning A-series PLC communication protocols. We have a modernization project whhich consisting of different type of Mitsubishi PLC CPU types: A1S, A2N, A3N, A3 and A273UH. We have thought about a possibility to use Red Lion G3 panels to make gateway from those devices to Siemens S7 side. The problem is that I haven't information about the Mitsubishi communication. There is mentioned A -series and A1S on Red Lion Crimson, but I don't have information are the other supported?

Does someone know if the A2N, A3N, A3 and A273UH have same communication protocol what A1s has?

Last edited by Antero; November 21st, 2006 at 02:29 AM.
Old November 21st, 2006, 10:24 AM   #2
parky
United Kingdom

You could use the NETB cards, this will allow you to transfer data from/to all plc's in the A range then use just one HMI, however I'm not sure how long or even if mitsubishi still support A series PLC's

The NetB card is configured in the setup you select ranges in the "B" & "W" memory areas, also using NETB you can use passthrough to all plc's for programming.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum