RSLogix 5000 online editing

airjay5

I've been tasked to modify a program at one of our sites. Today I connected to the SLC 5/03, uploaded the program to the laptop and went online. I verified the key was in the middle position, but I can't perform online editing. Nothing happens when I double click the line I want to edit, the edit rung shortcut is grayed out, and when I right click on the rung to start rung edits, none of those options are available. I was able to go offline, complete the necessary edits and then download them to the PLC, but why can't I do this with online editing?

I'm not sure. This laptop was a loaner from the facility and this is the only time I've used it. By the time I got ready to leave, plant engineering had left for the day. The one thing I'm wondering about is the version of software that is loaded, RSLogix 500 starter edition. I've never used it before that I remember.

Searching the web leads me to believe that the version loaded might not support on-line editing. The options are there, I just can't highlight and click on them. I think I'll have to take a laptop from the office and try again some other time. Thanks.