Replacing Ignition with Wonderware

WHY?????!!!!! from a cost perspective this is idiocy. I have one O&G field in the west Mississippi delta that has ignition. and we have been crying to get it at my Grand Isle field ever since we converted to it over there.

"Look there is nothing that cant be done with one that you can do with the other." - Me

"Then why the F**K havent you already done that? why do they have dat at 73 and I dont have it here" - Production Superintendent

"Joe, I can do that with wonderware, and ArchestrA. But its going to cost 10K in licensing and I am going to spend 6 hours on the phone with WW West. Its done at 73 because Inductive already has the drivers and its way easy to code in python" - Me

"I hate wonderware" - Production Super

"You dont have to actually work on it" - Me

This discussion happens literally every 2 week hitch.

Definitely a good sales job by local WW distributor. If Inductive Automation has one marketing weakness, it is a well trained network of distributors. They rely on Integrators as the sales force.

This implies WW has "well trained" distributors... ;)

I'm not sure how much value distributors really are when it comes to SCADA software. All my dealings with WW distributors were all through webex/phone calls and the only human interaction from the smug sales guy stopping in twice a year.

This implies WW has "well trained" distributors... ;)

I'm not sure how much value distributors really are when it comes to SCADA software. All my dealings with WW distributors were all through webex/phone calls and the only human interaction from the smug sales guy stopping in twice a year.

Does he let you ride in his Ferrari?