Newbie to PLC's need help starting to use Siemens s7 1200

shamrockboi14

I picked up a Siemens S7 1200 from a buddy and I want to start fiddling around with it to learn about PLC's. I don't want to spend a lot of bucks to do this just wanna learn about PLC's. I have it powered up but with lights flashing...how do I configure it and to connect to my pc (MAC)?

Is there a document that explains how to do this?Quick setup guide etc...I looked on Siemens website but wow there is tons to look through where do i start?

Any help is appreciated...

🤞🏻

Similar Topics

Hi! Im a newbie to the plc thing and need some help wiring up my "first PLC" :P The plc I have is a AB micrologix 1000 it runs off a seperate...
Replies
Views
Okay PLC pros, I could use a little help getting off of dead-center. Silly me, thought I could just open up the com port and log the data that...
Replies
Views
Hi, after 30 years involved with automation I'm actually writing my first PLC program and am struggling a fair bit. My background is mechanical...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I completed a PLC course a few weeks ago and I've decided to build myself a PLC training rig. I'm using an s7 200 as I managed to pick...
Replies
Views
Hopefully I'll have a legitimate copy of RS500 to program micrologix and SL500 series PLCs. A guy in another group is going to mail me his old...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom