Step 7 CPU 416-2 RAM Modules

Mad_Poet

Dear Sirs,
I have two 6ES7416-2XK04, and two 6ES7416-2XN05 PLC's with 2 Meg RAM modules in them (Part # 6ES7952-1AL00-0AA0).

I also have three 416-2 PLC's on a PCI card which are inserted into a PC type computer. These have 8 MB SRAM modules in them.(6ES7-952-1AP00-0AA0).
I also have about five spares for these particular computers and SRAM cards.

My question. Can I take the 8 Meg SRAM card and slip it into the other PLC, reload the PLC, and expect it to work as usual?

(Can I replace the 2 MB 1AL00 with an 8 MB 1AP00 ?)

MadPoet.

Dear Sigma,
When I look at the modules themselves, the 8 MB ones say 'SRAM'.

But, a couple of places in the Siemens literatures say that both are
usable memory modules in the PLC's I have.

I would think that a larger RAM would not be a problem, but a smaller
one sure might be.
Thanks,
MadPoet.

Dear Sigma,
Did that already. An earlier concern had to do with the difference in the 6ES7416-2XK04 versus 6ES7416-2XN05 - one has about twice the internal memory than the other, but near as I can tell none of the three PLC's in use needed more RAM than the smaller had in it. All three have the 2 MB memory modules.

Thanks,
MadPoet.