Step7 Micro/Win to configure CP243-1

Vadagor

Hi everybody!

I need to add a network module CP243-1 to an existing S7-200. I'm using the Step7 Micro/Win to do the configuration. I try to follow the instructions but, when I press the "Read Modules", to know its location, the CP243-1 doesn't appear.

I can download/upload the programs to the S7-200, run/stop it, etc., everything is working fine.

If I connect an Ethernet cable from my laptop to the CP243-1, the module turns its leds on (Link and Rx/Tx).

I can't put the CP243-1 in Run mode, see it on the Ethernet Wizard, and the SF red led turns on eventually (it is not always on and it is not blinking... it just turns on from time to time).

I tried to configure the module configuring its location manually, configure the ETHx_CTRL, etc., but I can't ping the module. It is like it "doesn't connect" to the CPU.

Any suggestion? I am thinking about a hardware failure (connection between CPU and CP, flat cable, CP module....)

Thanks in advance!

Nick

To add more information, here I add two images. In one, you can see a CP module in the lower window (this is what I should get) and the other, with a greyed window is what I actually have. :mad:

Cheers,

Nick

CP243-1.jpg CP243-1 Mio.jpg

Hi everyone!

Just for the record: there was no mistery here. I could configure the module on site without any problema. Apparently, the CPU, I was given to test, had its communication port ruined.

Thanks everybody!!!!

Nick