Micro810

Kgaraffa

I am switching from a Pico controller to a Micro810 plant wide, is there a way to transfer the programs from Pico to the Micro810 without having to write a new program for each application?

I would say no... page 5

This document is intended for users of Pico controllers who are converting to a
Micro810, Micro820, or Micro830 controller, and who are familiar with the
PicoSoft software. Knowledge of programming in ladder language is expected to
be able to program Micro800 systems effectively.

I think what kgaraffa is looking for is way to automatically convert the "pico controller" program into an "Micro810(CCW)" program. That document explains what is needed for the programmer to write a program for the Micro810 that would do the same thing that the Pico controller is doing.

I have looked over that document and I see no way to just press a couple of buttons and the Pico controller program be converted to a Micro810.

Personally, I see no benefit to swapping a Pico for a Micro810. At least go with the Micr820 and get the Ethernet connectivity out of it. Especially since you have a bunch of them.
Making the new code for them would be easy then.

My thoughts!

personally, i see no benefit to swapping a pico for a micro810. At least go with the micr820 and get the ethernet connectivity out of it. Especially since you have a bunch of them.
Making the new code for them would be easy then.

My thoughts!

+1

Buy the time you add the adapter and cable and you lose a few of them than its cheaper with the 820 :)