Kinetix 2094 BM01 Servo Drive running MPL-B310P-M and MPL-B130-S

Rob S.

Good Afternoon ,

I have a strange situation . We have a machine that has several Kinetix Servo drives and motors on. We had a maintenance mechanic replace a servo motor last week. The motor that was on this machine was a MPL-B310P-M ( Multi-turn ). He replaced it with a MPL-B310P-S ( Single-turn ). I didn't know that he did this , so no modifications were done in the properties in RS Logix 5000. Apparently it ran fine all week.

Yesterday was a different story. We had some setscrews slipping on this motor. The maintenance techs shutdown the panel for about 3 hours to do this job. When they powered up the panel , all the Kinetix drives stalled at 3 , instead of the " Ready " 4 . Under the selected drive , in RS Logix 5000. that the maintenance man replaced the motor with a MPL-B310P-S, was this......

Axis State - Faulted
Attribute Error - Motor Data - Invalid Attribute Value

But this wrong motor worked all week . I went into the servo properties and changed it to MPL-B310P-S ( Single-turn ). Once I downloaded to the ControlLogix , the Kinetix Drives went to the ready state of 4. Still have some issues with it.

My question is , how could this possibly work all week . and then after a power down , see the difference ?

Thanks so much for your help.

Good evening, I'm new to the forum and I don't know if I'm posting in the right place. I would like some help, I have a Kinetix 2094-BM01, but I don't have the power supply to install it in the rack, can I inject 230V into some connection just to see if the module's LEDs turn on?