Hoisting application Drive, motor selection fundamentals

smartatuls

Hi All,

I have recently started working on industrial over head cranes and other hoisting applications. I am new to this field.

If you can suggest me the necessary website/material to read for Drive and Motor selection for Hoisting and crane application.

I have mostly worked on PLCs before and have very basic understanding of VFD and motor.

Can you please guide me?

No offense, but you do realize cranes kill people? I'm not sure this is an application you want to learn DIY...
Seriously... :unsure:

One small mistake and the brakes can't hold, so the load drops and can kill someone. Take your time before attempting it on your own by learning at the feet of someone with experience and expertise for a few years. This is one of the most advanced applications in the VFD world, not for amateurs.