GE Proficy Professional - Free Trial?

reese006

Anyone know if you can get a trial version of GE Proficy Professional? I have the Standard version, however need to make some edits to a customers program that was developed in Professional. I know my company needs a Professional License and we will be getting one soon, just in a time crunch on this one.

Call your distributor. They can generally set you up for a 30-day license.

Thanks! Do you happen to know if that is a software key they can email or does it have to be a physical USB key? Only reason I ask is that I am traveling in morning to customer site. There is suppose to be a machine I can use there but just trying to have a backup plan just in case. It's a couple of hours car ride so if it's a software key they can email me I can probably have it before I get there.

Last edited:
As far as I know, you can get it either way. But if you need it tomorrow, all you really need is access to the download on GE's website. The initial installation will run for a four day grace period before it has to be licensed.
By default Demo software keys are via e-mail and latest version, so use caution if your customer does not have the latest version (9.5 today).

Those four days are as "Professional". :)

Last edited: