power flex 70 programming issue

dcam

Lifetime Supporting Member
Had to replace a drive last night. I am having problems betting it running. I have installed many 700's and assumed the menu structure and set up was the same. using a 0-10 v analog speed ref (2) and the 24v dig ref is on #2. HIM indicated stopped when the dig ref 24vdc is present at dig in 2 (RUN)......tried to insert pict, site has changed and will not let me.........anyone up?

DI-1 is defaulted as Stop -CF (clear faults). So if you are not going to use it, i.e. 2 wire control, you must either put a jumper in it, or disable it in programming. I generally wire it to a push button and label it "Stop /Fault Reset". But if you do nothing and leave it in the factory default, it will not run.

PowerFlex 70 and 700 are generally similar, though both have gone through evolutionary steps where various parameters changed from 16-bit to 32-bit.

Are you using "3-wire" or "2-wire" control ? If it's 3-wire, remember that you need a high signal on the STOP terminal, which is typically Digital Input 1.

Is the drive equipped with a Safe Off option card ? Be sure to check the Safe Off terminals and/or the Hardware Enable jumper on the main control board. I think it was the later "PowerFlex 70 EC" drives (which includes all current production) that have the Hardware Enable jumper.

The drive should show you a "Stop Owner" parameter (Parameter 288) that will tell you which DPI device is asserting the STOP command.