Emerson/Rosemont 644 Temp change DegC to DefF

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have some Rosemont 644 temperature transducers that came in as DegC and I need to chenge them to DegF. They have HART but I don't have any HART equipment right now.

Emerson will do this for a very expensive service call.

Does anyone know if I can just get a USB to HART converter and change it with some free/ relatively cheap software?

Thanks

what is it hooked up, to controller wise?
if it is a hart compatible Logix5000 card I have changed settings via plc code before however going this route on a production system without a HART calibrator to rollback if you change the wrong parameter may be ill-advised.

also some asset management software works with the 1756 hart series cards, but not sure if you can get cheap AMS software

I am assuming you do not have the LCD display on your particular tx.

Your best bet may be to see if a local contractor with some type of hart comms capability can come out and do it for you. I would think this would be your cheapest option as it will be a short service call fee.

Last edited:
We don't connect it to anything. We just make a power unit that has these units. The customer does all the final connections.

They do have displays though.