RSLinx

Ptolemies

I have a problem with RSLinx Lite Classic. When I connect to the PLC, i can see the PLC (CompactLogix), but cannot see any of the modules connected. Please help.

Is this a new PLC that you are setting up? Or trying to connect to an existing system.

What version firmware is on the PLC? Right click the PLC and select "Device Properties" and see what it says under "Revision".

Is this a new PLC that you are setting up? Or trying to connect to an existing system.

What version firmware is on the PLC? Right click the PLC and select "Device Properties" and see what it says under "Revision".

I am trying to connect with an existing system. I have connected to it before, but today I was about to online edit when I noticed in RSLinx that one module is missing. Then I power cycled, and after that there are no modules shown in RSLinx, just the PLC.

As for the version, it's 18.011

but does the auto-configure pass no problem

Yes, it is successful.

can you get properties of the controller through RSLinx?
do the modules appear to be powered up?
Are all the tabs pushed over for the modules?

Yes, here are the properties:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sv392ibym9x6q9s/1.png?dl=0

The analog output module and MVI69-PDPMV1 are the only ones with LED on. The others (DI & AI) are LED OFF.

The tabs at the back? Yes, they are pushed over. The system is still working before I power cycled. The problem started after power cycle.

Last edited: