PanelView Plus 6 1000 Randomly Goes to Configuration Screen

Sparkyman1

Hey Guys, After a firmware upgrade and the addition of Viewpoint firmware on a panelview Plus 6, it will randomly promp the operator for a password(???), and if you click cancel the application will crash and bring you back to the configuration screen, with the "run application" button greyed out. To restart the application all that's needed to do is to select the newest one and click load, then run.

Of course it happens randomly, and i've never gotten to see it for myself.

What the heck is going on here? The application is really small and simple, it doesn't have a password, and I doubt the terminal has a password either.

Any chance you've inadvertently configured it to store data on a network location to which it doesn't have proper credentials, or that's gone offline ? The PV+ is notorious for poor support of network storage.

Any chance you've inadvertently configured it to store data on a network location to which it doesn't have proper credentials, or that's gone offline ? The PV+ is notorious for poor support of network storage.

Hmm. It Started doing this when I added ViewPoint, I talked to the network admins before using the I.P. address that I used, they said that that I.P was open.

I have now removed Viewpoint from the application and its still doing it. I wrote the entire application so I know that it shouldn't be storing data on the network anywhere, unless I set that up accidentally.