AB Micrologix 1200 programming

baaijopr

I have an AB Micrologix 1200 unit. I understand I need to purchase a $ 700.00 software package to program this unit.
Is there a cheaper software option available?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

If your just doing Micro Logic

There is a Micro Logic package called RSLogix Micro. It is the cheapest out there and is less than $200.

One thing though, alot of the features you have with a full blown RSLogic package has been disabled. So programing can be a chore. I have a copy and with the amount of programing I do I would not buy it again. But if this is a one of job I would recomend it.

Part number: 9324RLM0100ENE

Last edited:
The MicroLogix 1200 is supported by RSLogix 500 Micro, Starter, Standard, and Professional editions.

MicroLogix 1200 is not supported by RSLogix 500 Micro Lite, which is the free edition.

As Clay B. mentioned, the lowest-cost option for programming this controller is RSLogix 500 Micro, which is list price $129 USD. The part number is 9324-RLM0100ENE.

If you are going to be programming and supporting a large variety of MicroLogix and SLC-500 controllers, I recommend the RSLogix 500 Standard software. If you just need to program this one MicroLogix 1200, go ahead and use RSLogix 500 Micro.

Someone please update the link to compare RSLogix Micro editions. I'm having trouble finding the difference.
I'm quoting a system with a MicroLogix 1400.

Your link is for the RSLogix 500 versions that support several lines. I'm looking for the special, low cost version of RSLogix 500 for MicroLogix only.
Part number starts with RLM instead of just RL.

Looking for exactly the same thing Steve Bailey asked in 2009.
Other than $370.00, what's the difference between RS Logix 500 Micro 9324-RLM0100ENE and RS Logix 500 Micro Development 9324-RLM0800ENE?

I don't remember what the answer was eight years ago, but the product I purchased is called "RSLogix Micro Starter". That's what comes up when I click on "Help"/"About". It was for a project that utilized a MicroLogix 1500. Unfortunately, Help/About doesn't show whether it was 9324-RLM0100ENE or 9324-RLM0800ENE.
However, the BOM for the project lists the 9324-RLM0100ENE and quoted price was indeed $129. I was unable to locate the PO in what remains of my project documentation, so I can't confirm that's what was actually ordered.
I hope that helps.