Panelview plus 600 transfer program

telus

I need to transfer program from one panelview plus 600 to another both units are same. AB panelview Plus 600, Cat # 2711P T6C20D, Ser# B. one unit screen has crack so need to transfer program. need help to do it easy way.

You can try uploading the .mer file into FTME. If it was compiled in too early of a version of RSview/FTView you won't be able to restore it though. You might be able to just download the .mer into the new PV provided there is not some new firmware/hardware incompatibility.

Thanks for reply what is FTME.

FactoryTalk ME. The Rockwell development software for the PVPlus. It was formerly name RSViewME.

If you don't have the development software I'm not sure how you could transfer the MER other than possibly maybe transfer it to a compact flash card and using the built utilites of the HMI.

EDIT: Looks like dmroeder may have you covered

Last edited:
The configuration menus allow you to copy *.MER files (the runtime project file) from the Internal CompactFlash to a removable CompactFlash. Then you can do the reverse in the new PanelView, and select the new *.MER file to run when you power up.

Again, it's all in the configuration menus, under the "copy files" menu set.

Good call Ken. I linked the thread about the batch file because he said that he had a crack in his screen. I assumed that it did not work, but I should know better than to assume...

You can quiet easy swop the screens from the cracked one and new one, to perform "Ken's" action and swop the screens back after the upload.

The Display Module is removable from the Logic Module on the PV+ 700/1000/1250/1500 terminals with just six screws, but the PV+ 400 and PV+600 are both integral and cannot be easily disassembled.

The internal Flash memory of the PV+400 and PV+600 is also a nonremovable device, unlike the CompactFlash card that is fastened into the logic board of the PV+700-1500.

The best thing to do is to use the Copy Files feature if the screen is at all readable, or to use the FactorTalk View ME Transfer Utility.