10k pot to control drive

I am building a panel for a chain conveyor with 3 powerflex 4 drives. Only 1 of 3 will the operator need control. I can wire the pot straight to the drive with no problem but I want to give the operator a read-out in the control station. I have a micrologix 1400 with an IF2OF2 card. My first thought would be to run the pot to the input of the card and use the 2 outputs to feed each the drive and the panel meter. However, I do not have a 10vdc power supply and the meter is 4-20ma loop powered. With the current configuration can someone offer a solution? I can get a 10-12vdc power supply if needed but want to see if it’s possible without it first.

As I posted in another forum, Electro-Sensors makes a pot with its own digital readout of the setting, scalable to your units. You can power it from the power terminal of the VFD.

https://www.electro-sensors.com/products/motor-drive-control/accu-tach-accu-dial

I would just use a PF523 drive that has an analog output though, because that will be the ACTUAL SPEED, your system will only show you the SETTING.

As I posted in another forum, Electro-Sensors makes a pot with its own digital readout of the setting, scalable to your units. You can power it from the power terminal of the VFD.

https://www.electro-sensors.com/products/motor-drive-control/accu-tach-accu-dial

I would just use a PF523 drive that has an analog output though, because that will be the ACTUAL SPEED, your system will only show you the SETTING.

may as well go with PF525, since the price of PF525 is the same as PF523. PF525 has built in Enet/IP , Built in Safety and SafeTorqueOff

The panel is already built so I'm stuck with the PF4's. Before I cave and just swap out the meter I want to use this as a learning experience. Im not one to cop out just because its easier. If its impossible then sure. The PF4 has an 4-20ma common and input. Could I, theoretically just series my meter in with the pot and the drive input? I am using an IF2OF2 card that has both 0-10vdc and 4-20ma inputs AND outputs. Primarily what I want to do is run 0-10vdc pot to input channel 0 and push 0-10vdc to the drive on output channel 0 and 4-20mA to the panel meter on output channel 1.

Here is the panel meter: https://cdn.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/prosensedpm/dpm1-a-lp_insert.pdf

The pot is a 10kohm allen bradley.

1762-IF2OF2 analog card

may as well go with PF525, since the price of PF525 is the same as PF523. PF525 has built in Enet/IP , Built in Safety and SafeTorqueOff

The PF525 is actually more expensive because of these features and a number of others the PF523 doesn't have.

That's how we build our trainers... it's the most economical way, we supply the pot with 24 vdc and the wiper leg goes through a 250 ohm resistor this gives our analog input 0-10 vdc, just about all manufacturers are different but AB is 250 to get 10 and it's on the cards or if we use a bwaa CPU

Cheap and easy... like me :)

The PF525 is actually more expensive because of these features and a number of others the PF523 doesn't have.
If he is using the PF4 now, he already doesn't have those features and he said he is using a ML1400, so no Ethernet I/P, hence the 523 recommendation. And padees is correct, the 525 is more expensive. If you are paying the same price for either one you are either getting a great deal on the 525s or you are getting hosed for 523s...

So I figured it out. I tied my SCP to a F8 bit instead of the output on the card. I then tied my F8 to the output. Meter came on and it was just a matter of playin around with the scaling in the meter to get I to work out. The drive will be easy enough.

If he is using the PF4 now, he already doesn't have those features and he said he is using a ML1400, so no Ethernet I/P, hence the 523 recommendation. And padees is correct, the 525 is more expensive. If you are paying the same price for either one you are either getting a great deal on the 525s or you are getting hosed for 523s...

So all you do is solder a 250ohm resistor to the wiper of the pot and then the other end of the resistor to the analog input? Is there any chance of that resistor burning up and sending more then 10 volts? I’d hate to buy another $600 card but if it’s reliable enough then I’ll bite.